Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Disparity

Youth Joblessness: No End in Sight
Youth unemployment is at its worst in decades. And economists aren't sure that it will ever go back to pre-recession levels. The outlook is grim. I'm glad I don't have a kid out of college right now. Hopefully by the time I have one- maybe- this problem will have resolved itself, either through some grand government program a la New Deal, or a pandemic that will reduce the world's population by say 30%. Of course, I myself prefer not to be a victim of this pandemic.


Jessica Biel's Outfit Dilemma.
I also think it's important to note that Jessica Biel sometimes has "dressing dilemmas" and claims that her fiance, Justin Timberlake, has better taste than she does (I can believe that, dude has taste). As a matter of fact, she had no involvement in the designing of her probably over-priced engagement ring, it was all Justin. Hmm, interesting. 


I Used to Love Her But I Had to Flee Her: On Leaving New York
This guy really wants me to give him a medal for escaping the tentacles of New York City. But he is sort of insufferable about the whole thing. When he was in New York, he basically thought that he was better than non-new yorkers:
I had sex in the bathroom at Union Pool and walked out feeling rebellious while my girlfriend adjusted her bra. In the summers, when others fled to Montauk or the Hamptons, I would buy to-go margaritas from a little place in the Lower East Side and drink them while walking home across the Williamsburg Bridge. I'd stop halfway over the East River, sweat forming a Rorschach pattern on the back of my shirt, and let the breeze give me goosebumps.
Now that he lives in LA, he's trying to explain to people in New York that he is better than them somehow, because he "escaped" New York. So it's really a win-win for him, he's just better than everyone at all times of his life, period. Look man, live wherever you want. Personally, I'm just trying to make a living and function in society. Wherever that works out for you, call that home. It's not my problem you were a judgmental failed writer whence living in New York... Nope, no judgments from this New Yorker (who, by the way, doesn't think she is better than other people just because she was born and currently lives in New York -- that's such an outsider-living-in-New York thing to do). 


Adam Carolla, Women Aren't Funny blah blah blah...
This comedian, Adam Carolla, takes a page right out of Christopher Hitchens' playbook, and claims in an interview somewhere that women aren't funny (oh, yawn). It's not that I care that he says that; it's that countless blog after online magazine dedicated entire articles on dissecting the very meaning of life via Adam Carolla's idiotic statement (ok, who am I kidding, they need content, this is perfect for that... The kind of story that generates clicks and guarantees Comment-al warfare). I don't mind that they called him out and gave him a ton of free press he couldn't have dreamt of having otherwise, I mind that they dedicated so much careful thought and analysis into denouncing Carolla as a sexist, unfunny, douchebag. I mean, it only took me three words. Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment