Thursday, January 10, 2013

What's so amazing about really deep thoughts

Here's some stuff that's been on my mind that's really, not very good shite.


1) Fox News and MSNBC are both useless
I think the liberals are going to unfortunately and
as usual, be dumb asses on this issue.
Ed, unfortunately, conservatives are just
real dumb asses all the time.
I spent a little time watching MSNBC and Fox News in the past few weeks... As little as possible but enough to come to the conclusion that they are both shit. One is too left wing, the other too right wing. They spend most of their time either talking about how the other side is presently reacting to something, or speculating how the other side is going to react to something tomorrow. 

As someone who has common sense, I think MSNBC has smarter, more interesting pundits, but overall I learn basically nothing watching either of these two channels. Well, I lie, I learn how the pundits and journalists feel, which is super useful information.

2) When I was young, I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old, I know that it is.
- Oscar Wilde
Money. There's really nothing any feel good movie or 3 cent philosophy Facebook post is going to do to make me believe that it's not the most important thing in the world. So far in my life, nothing has proven to the contrary (so yeah, thanks, people in my life). Family, Love etc. all those things go to shit when money is either lacking or when there's too much of it, but mostly when it's lacking. With that said, I hope that the knowledge of this truth will set me free and allow me to just get over it already and do interesting things in my life (i.e. redemption). But I doubt it because I'm only human. Born to make mistakes.

Everybody needs money. That's why they call it Money.
-Danny Devito to Gene Hackman  in the Mamet film "Heist"

3) Why is Shawshank Redemption every male I've ever encountered's most favorite movie ever?
I liked this movie, I really did. But the men of the world are just not letting me forget it exists. Go ahead and ask every guy you know what their top five movies are, they will always, always, always include Shawshank Redemption. Shawshank was good, but it wasn't THAT good. It wasn't, like, Criterion Collection good. It wasn't Empire of the Sun good. It wasn't Jaws good, nor was it even Good Fellas good. So why?

I asked a friend who shall remain unnamed why men liked this movie so damn much. He responded that it's because men don't like movies with women and children in them. That makes TOTAL SENSE. This friend went on to say that men are completely fascinated with male dynamics. That also makes TOTAL SENSE. Mystery solved.


4) I am totally fascinated by the Lance Armstrong story. He's this year's Bernie Madoff. Actually, maybe Jerry Sandusky is...                 But anyway.
I think this story is one of the most interesting to emerge in the last year from a human psychological perspective. The entire world really fell for Armstrong and his story and he managed to cover up a lie for over 10 years. I think his brain should be studied for sociopathic tendencies. When you watch his testimony, you see that he's a gifted liar. But because you know the truth, you also feel that there are fissures in his conviction. Experts, please analyze his body language!

5) If it were up to me, the gun control debate would result in the repeal of the 2nd amendment
I am not an extreme person, at least, I try not to be. But I've mulled this issue over and over in my mind, read facts, read opinion columns, and came to the conclusion that mere gun control would not be enough to curb gun violence or mass shootings in America. Bashir posted this thought piece the other day by Sam Harris. While I only agree with about half of it, and strongly disagree with the first half, what I do concede is that a ban on assault weapons would only be a symbolic gesture at best. Handguns account for most of the gun violence in the US, and contrary to popular belief, mass shootings as well. The only private citizens who should have guns are people who need them for their livelihood, people who live in the boondocks and hunt for instance. That's about it. That said, since the repeal of the 2nd amendment will not happen, and there are already 300 million guns floating around in the country, my solution is clearly not a realistic one.

3 comments:

  1. I never understood that quote re: money..."the noun money comes from the French 'monnaie', itself from the Latin 'moneta', a temple where coins were made." WINK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or money is so damn important that the word itself is enshrined. Something like that.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a testimony that I will tell everyone in the world. i have been married for 4 years and on the fifth year of my marriage, another woman had a spell to take my lover away from me and my husband left me and the kids and we have suffered for 2 years until i meant a post where this man Zuma Zuk have helped someone and i decided to give him a try to help me bring my love Husband home and believe me i just send my picture to him and that of my husband and after 48 hours as he have told me after doing everything he asked me to do, i saw a car drove into the house and behold it was my husband and he have come to me and the kids and that is why i am happy to make everyone of you in similar case to meet with this man and have your marriage fixed His email: spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com whatsapp him on this +15068001647..... thank so much Zuma Zuk.

    ReplyDelete