Thursday, August 16, 2012

Oodles of Entertainment

1) Yay Facebook!
There are things I've learned on facebook that I just could not have learned anywhere else. For instance, airport acronyms. There are just so many airports out there, who knew? 

LAX --> EWR!
JFK --> SFO!
LGA --> DEN--> ASE (that's Aspen)!
DEN --> CDG --> FRA (that's Frankfurt, not France)!
BOS --> ACK (that's Nantucket)
And my favorite: CDG --> DOH (Qatar, who knew!) --> DXB (Dubai)!

Facebook. Stalk Your Friends, Find Your Airport.

2) Paul Ryan as VP Candidate
I don't know a lot about Paul Ryan. Gawker does a nice job summing up his many faults. But at the end of the day, does it really matter who becomes VP? I mean, is Joe Biden any closer to becoming president in four years? 'Cept if the president dies? What do you know about Joe Biden? Like, nothing? Being VP is the worst job for anyone with ambition. And then you get pegged into that second best role and no one takes you seriously. I mean, it's just the worst. Poor Paul Ryan.

3) Rich Kids of Instagram
A friend of mine told me that this link was circulating around his department at work a few weeks ago. I can see why. Who doesn't want to view photos of kids abusing their parents' wealth? (note: they can never be truly happy). Now, I ain't saying I haven't had some fun at Nikki Beach or hung out on a yacht once or twice, but taking a picture of 10,000 Euro receipt and being proud of the fact that you just got ripped off at a club doesn't strike me as something you'd actually want to like, share with the world. Whenever I overpay for something, I get embarrassed and do my best to cover it up. Like, shh... you know, I paid 2 'cough' hundred dollars for that. Yeah, you heard me, just 2 bucks! I've got ill negotiating skillz y'all. The other thing is, their parents must be so proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment